Floor Sweepers: Why Choose a Floor Sweeper?
What is a Floor Sweeper?
Types of Floor Sweepers: Commercial/Industrial Floor Sweepers
Find a floor sweeper that meets your cleaning needs, from small compact sweeper, and medium walk-behind sweepers, to large ride-on sweepers.
Manual/Mechanical Floor Sweeper
Mechanical floor sweepers work by human momentum. They are very simplistic and easy to operate. Pushing the sweeper forwards and backward forces the brushes to move in a rotary motion. While sweeping, dirt is automatically collected and disposed of into the dustbin.
Electric/Rechargeable Floor Sweeper
Engine Floor Sweeper
Combustion engine floor sweepers allow for unlimited versatility. As long as they have fuel, they can run for as long or as little as needed.
Compact Floor Sweepers
Compact floor sweepers are motorless and rely on the operator to push the unit to rotate the brushes. They are recommended for cleaning smaller areas - spot cleaning.
Walk-Behind Floor Sweepers
Ride-On Floor Sweepers
How do You Use a Floor Sweeper?
The Direct Throw Method
The Overthrow Method
Why Choose a Floor Sweeper?
Floor Sweeper vs Broom
Floor Sweeper vs Mop
Floor Sweeper vs Vacuum Cleaner
Benefits of a Floor Sweeper
- No more double sweeping areas to collect all the dirt into a pile.
- The sweeper brushes can collect dirt and grime from uneven floors and reach under and around objects you typically have to move with a broom.
- Simple to use and straightforward.
- Stand or sit while you clean. No more crouching down for long periods.
- Compact and walk-behind sweepers are lightweight. Ideal for mobility if you need to clean different areas in various locations.
- The noise level is quiet during operation, so you don’t have to worry about causing distractions, disturbances, or interruptions.
Choosing a Floor Sweeper: What to Look For When Making a Decision
Cleanliness is of the upmost importance when wanting to create a great first impression and keeping a reoccurring clientele.
Did you Know: Studies show that people voted cleanliness as more important than customer service.
How can you keep a clean business? Here are some things to consider when making a purchasing decision.
- Total square footage is a good indicator of what size machine you should get. To clean large areas, a ride-on sweeper would be more cost effective and efficient, rather than a walk-behind and vice versa.
- Cleaning path is also a good indicator of what size machine to purchase. Will the sweeper fit? Are you cleaning wide open or tight spaces? Are you cleaning dead end areas where you have to turn around, or can you travel continuously in one direction.
- How much ground can you cover in an hour? Will a walk-behind floor sweeper be efficient and fast enough? Will you need a ride-on floor sweeper to cover twice as much ground to speed up the cleaning process?
- How much power do you need to sweep up the debris? A ride-on floor sweeper will be more powerful and able to pick up larger substances opposed to a walk-behind floor sweeper.
- How much ground can you cover before you need to empty the bin? Will you need to dump it multiple times during one cleaning job, or will it last till the end of the job?
- Sweeping indoors is best suited for manual or electric motor type. Sweeping outdoors is best suited for engine motor type due to emissions. Electric and manual can are also plausible options depending on debris type and space.
- Floor sweepers are available as a manual, walk-behind, and ride-on option. Are you going to be cleaning one level or multiple levels where you might need a portable option?
- Do you want a single brush or more for a faster cleaning job?
- Ride-on floor sweepers are best suited for smooth surfaces or tiled, whereas a walk-behind may be more versatile in efficiently collecting debris from uneven surfaces.
- Are you cleaning heavier soils and debris where you need the power of a ride-on sweeper, or are you cleaning finer lightweight substances that a walk-behind sweeper can pick up?
Karcher Floor Sweeper: Walk-Behind Sweepers
Ready for the next step? Whether you are still wanting to research, request a product demo or a quote, or purchase one today you've come to the right place. We can get you in contact with a sales representative who is ready to answer any questions you may have or schedule a time to meet.
You can purchase a Karcher floor sweeper at any one of our 3 locations (Dallas, Kilgore, and Odessa). Give us a call anytime, request a quote, or fill out our contact us form and one of our team members will be in touch.
Share this Article ↓