Floor Scrubbers: Why Choose a Floor Scrubber?
What is a Floor Scrubber?
Automatic Floor Scrubber
An automated scrubber dispenses water and detergent, scrubs, and recovers/vacuums the floor leaving it clean and dry. It does everything automatically so the operator just has to guide and control the machine.
Types of Floor Scrubber: Commercial/Industrial Floor Scrubber
Walk-Behind Floor Scrubber
Walk-behind scrubbers only require the operator to guide the machine. They don’t have to push the machine as opposed to using an automated one.
Ride-On Floor Scrubber
Ride-on scrubbers are exactly as they sound. The operator sits on the machine to steer and control the floor scrubber.
Stand-On Floor Scrubber
Stand-on floor scrubbers are just like ride-on scrubbers. Instead of sitting, you stand to operate/ control the machine.
How do You Use a Floor Scrubber?
Why Choose a Floor Scrubber?
Floor Scrubber vs Broom
Floor Scrubber vs Mop
Floor Scrubber vs Vacuum Cleaner
Benefits of a Floor Scrubber
- Takes a fraction of the time it would take to manually clean on your knees or with a mop. It also eliminates the time taken to let the floor dry.
- Reduce the cost of labor spent on cleaning floors. Cut down on your water bill and chemical/solutions needed.
- A more hygienic clean that only requires a once-through.
- Scrubber machines utilize soaps more efficiently, are environmentally safer, or are not necessarily needed altogether.
- Floor scrubbers are more efficient and designed to use just enough water to lift up dirt, dust, and grime, and recover sludge.
Choosing a Floor Scrubber: What to Look For When Making a Decision
Cleanliness is of the utmost importance when wanting to create a great first impression and keep a recurring clientele.
Did you Know: Studies show that people voted cleanliness as more important than customer service.
How can you keep a clean business? Here are some things to consider when making a purchasing decision.
- Total square footage is a good indicator of what size machine you should get. To clean large areas, a ride-on scrubber would be more cost-effective and efficient, rather than a walk-behind and vice versa.
- Cleaning path is also a good indicator of what size machine to purchase. Will the scrubber fit? Are you cleaning wide open or tight spaces? Are you cleaning dead-end areas where you have to turn around, or can you travel continuously in one direction?
- How much ground can you cover in an hour? Will a walk-behind floor scrubber be efficient and fast enough?
- Will you need a ride-on floor scrubber to cover twice as much ground to speed up the cleaning process?
- How much power do you need to scrub the floors?
- How much ground can you cover before you need to empty or refill the tank?
- How many times will you need to refill or empty the tank during one cleaning job, or will it last till the end of the job?
- Based on how much ground you have to cover will the battery life off one charge be enough time to complete the job?
- Are you going to be cleaning one level or multiple levels where you might need a portable option?
- Which option is going to cause less body fatigue?
- Should you consider a buffer, polisher, or scrubber?
- Are you cleaning concrete, tile, marble, wood, etc?
Who are the Major Players: Floor Care Equipment Companies
Karcher Floor Scrubber: Walk-Behind Floor Scrubber
Ready for the next step? Whether you are still wanting to research, request a product demo or a quote, or purchase one today you've come to the right place. We can get you in contact with a sales representative who is ready to answer any questions you may have or schedule a time to meet.
You can purchase a Karcher floor sweeper at any one of our 3 locations (Dallas, Kilgore, and Odessa). Give us a call anytime, request a quote, or fill out our contact us form and one of our team members will be in touch.
Share this Article ↓
Related Articles ↓
Floor sweepers are the prodigy of sweeping with a broom. No more bending down or leaving traces of dirt still on the floor. No more p...
What makes the Evaporative Cooler an upcoming favorite in keeping cool during the summer. Here are 13 benefits of what you can expect from ...
What is HVLS? How do they work? Where are they installed? Find the answers to these questions and more in this guide.